Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wonderfully busy and accomplished Sunday

I started the day sleeping until 8 am. To some, that may not seem like a productive thing to do but I needed the sleep and I'm old enough to decide that for myself :)

I had a quick breakfast and then began the task of moving things out of the living room so we can paint. I managed to get everything out except the wall unit which houses the TV and other various electronic devices. In between I made banana bread and turkey soup from the carcass leftover from last weekend's dinner.

I also went for a 40 minute run/walk (3 min run/1 min walk intervals); showered and changed; studied and rehearsed my presentation for tomorrow; worked on a project for Phillyfit (can't say what just in case. It's a surprise); made dinner. I also found time to take a break for lunch and read my book.

I am not trying to brag although I guess that's what it sounds like. I am simply putting this down because it was such a full day and I feel really good about it. I haven't felt this good in a long time. So there it is.

I'm sitting in the 'family room' now catching up on bloggin (duh), email and facebook. It's quiet in here but kinda nice.

A little about what I'm reading. I'm just about to finish book 7 of the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon. Her webiste promises another but for now this will be the end of the series. I can't say too much about it here because Dave in on book 2 and Katie said she downloaded book 1 to her kindle after hearing me talk about the books. I hope they are not disappointed. I can tell you the books are a combination of time travel, and historical ficiton. I stumbled across them by accident at the library when I picked up book 2 and - halfway through - realized it was part of series. So, of course, I had to take it back and start at the beginning.

I usualy have two books going at once; one I read at home and one at work on lunch break. This forces me to take my lunch break since I really like to read. I just finished "Blink" at work. It was pretty interesting; about how people think without thinking. So now I've started "Game of Thrones" book 1 of hte Ice and Fire series. I subscribe to NPR books on Facebook and the series was highly recommended. In the past I've not enjoyed fantasy fiction but I'm up to chapter 6 or so and I'm still interested so we'll see how far I get.

Ok enough rambling now.

No comments: