Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Tansey Thanksgiving Jinx

In 2007 we worked the Barney balloon. As embarassing as that was we took the job seriously and thought we did a good job. Barney has not been seen in the parade since.

In 2010 we worked the Tom the Turkey  balloon. I just learned that the Tom the Turkey balloon we worked with is being replaced with a new turkey balloon.

Is there a pattern developing?

Today we recieved the email confirmation that we will be working the parade again this year. "Training" is November 5th at 10 am. I am not sure how I am going to manage Phillyfit and Balloon training. Several folks have already commented that perhaps we dont need to go to 'training' since we've done this so many years but I'm afraid they'll give my spot away if I don't go. Also, as silly as it sounds, I think the reminders of what to do and not to do with the balloon have been helpful.

Stay tuned.

No comments: