Saturday, November 5, 2011

Balloon training and a ride down memory lane

Today was balloon training for the 2011 Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade. I was out with USAFit/Philly in Oaks first so I decided to take Montgomery Avenue from the expressway to Bala Cynwyd. I don't think I've done this complete trip since college when I lived in Bala Cynwyd and went to school at Villanova. Unfortuantely sunglare and the fact that I was driving kept me from full taking in the ride but still I enjoyed it .I can't believe that Albrecht's is still there along with so many other landmarks. I've followed the changes at Lower Merion through newspaper reports but I was still blown away by the amount of change in ... ok almost 35 years. One could not run laps around Arnold Field anymore without falling in a construction ditch.

I arrived at the Target across from Channel 6 (where we were instructed to park) at about 9:00. Balloon practice was scheduled for 10. There wasn't enough time to run with Phillyfit but not enough time to go home first either. So I went shopping in Target for gloves for cold winter running. They have them $1.00 a pair. It's good for race day because one does not feel bad about throwing them away at that price.

I waited for my friend Teresa to arrive before getting in line for balloon practice. We did our thing and went home. It really isn't a lot of work but it's part of the process so I do it. Yes I'm still a dork. :)

No comments: