Wednesday, November 24, 2010

One more sleep until Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. It has quickly become my favorite holiday and I get to celebrate it twice a year! The first of course is in October at Canadian Thanksgiving time. For US Thanksgiving, Dave and I have been working in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade. This will be our 4th year. Three friends from USAFit/Philly will be joining us. And, if it works out, Emma will join us this year as well. Emma was going to come down to watch the parade tomorrow. She has decided to arrive tonight. So she will ride down with us in the morning and if they need an extra hand she will be there to help out .In the time Dave and I have been doing this there has always been empty spaces on the balloon. Somebody invariably doesn't show up. So I'm hopiong that will happen again. If not, Emma will go down and watch it on the sidelines as she had planned to do originally anyway. After the parade we are all going to Dad and Dinana's for dinner.

Today, I walked 5 miles around my neighborhood. My first outing since the marathon. I felt good. It was a beautiful morning for a walk. Then Dave and I went shopping. We have to do our Christmas shopping for the Canadian contingent early so that we can ship it up there. Well we got really lucky and finsihed about 90% of our shopping for everyone! We also got new sneakers for Dave and aan exercise ball. We stopped at the Verizon store so Dave could ask about an issue he's been having with his phone. They couldn't fix the phone but found a savings in our bill so we will now pay $20 less a month! Cool!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I will post a report about the parade and pictures when I can. Probably not until Friday.

No comments: