Thursday, October 23, 2008

Another running group

Tonight I ran with a group that met at the Bryn Mawr Running Company store in Media. The store opened there recently. I went there to get a replacement water bottle - I dropped one a few weeks ago and the top cracked. While at the store I put my name on their email list and received a note today about the run group meeting at 6.

We ran the Media 5 Miler loop. There were about a dozen people. Half were pretty fast and took off pretty quick and were gone. The rest (where I was of course) stayed together more or less and finished at a 10:25 pace. Pretty good for me! I'm sure I would not have gone that fast if I had been alone. I did get a stitch about 3/4 of the way - probably because the pace was fast for me - but I was able to work it out and felt pretty good at the end. We'll see how my legs feel in the morning though.

I met some really nice people. Amanda and Sean live on my street. I chatted with Heather and Beth about the Philadelphia Marathon. Heather ran it last year. Beth and I are both going for our first marathon this year.

It was nice to have a group to run with during the week. I think I'll meet up with them next week too!

No comments: