Sunday, October 12, 2008

Phillies RED and Dodger BLUE




Dave and I went to the Phillies-Dodgers game, Game #2 of the NLCS on Friday afternoon. First things first, THE PHILLIES WON!

We sat in section 317. The crowd in Section 317 was great. Loud and fun. Every fan received a rally towel upon arrival. I found out that I am not very good at rally towelling. I apologized to Dave and the women next to me as soon as I discovered this challenge. Fortunately rally towels don't really hurt when they hit you (especially if you are not very good at rallying them). I wore on the back of my running shirt the next morning. There it did not get in anyone's way and elicited some fun chatter from other runners and walkers.
In front of sat four guys with Phillies jerseys shown here. You can't see too well but the second one in says Rollins. We wanted to get Victorino and Rollins to switch seats so they'd have the batting order right. Fortunately this messed up karma did not affect the outcome of the game.



It was Pat Burrell's birthday. This is a picture of him coming to bat in with the bases loaded. I took a picture so I would have one to commemorate is birthday grand slam. He struck out. Next time I won't take the picture.


It was a long game. Over 3 and a half hours. That was fine by me. I didn't want to leave when it was over even. My first playoff game and it was so much fun.

No comments: