Saturday, November 26, 2011

Interesting tooth not so interesting anymore.

I'm happy to say I survived. It really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. That in itself could account for it not being so bad. Actually I think to doctor was awesome. As soon as finished with the needle he said "That may not be enough so let me know if you still feel any pain". Right then I relaxed because I knew he meant it and I didn't have to feel like a wuss when I asked for more. As it turned out I did need more once he exposed the nerve. I was also really worried about breathing so as soon as he put the dam in place I tried to swallow and breath through mouth and once I realized I could I was good to go. He was also cool about telling me everything he was doing BEFORE he did it and over estimating the amount of time it would take. I'm sure that was on purpose but he didn't exaggerate by tons so it worked. So three roots all cleaned out.


Oh and the good news is it isn't resorption it was decay. That sounds strange to call good news but it is because that means they know why it happened. Under a microscope he was able to find a pinprick size hole where the bacteria must have gotten in. Right now, however, pain. He wanted to give me vicadon but I turned it down and he gave me 800mg ibuprofen instead. Assuming its working, there must be an awful lot of pain going on in there. Ouch!

And the bill was for $3 less than the quoted me. LOL

No comments: