Saturday, August 27, 2011

Baseball-Gettysburg-Hershey Park

It's been an awesome vacation and visit from Cole so far. I'll try to capture the hightlights in word here and you can see more photos using the link below.

Monday -Baseball game
Gorgeous day, Art Museum, Cheesesteaks at Geno's. Like Pat's better. Hot sauce instead of ketchup, 10-0 blowout.
Tuesday -Gettysburg.
Ready to leave at 7:30. Return to the house twice before getting past route 1 Another gorgeous day. Very pretty state, Noon bus tour, Pre-packed lunch;sandwiches and drinks. Amazing tour and guide. It really put the whole battle in perspective. I learned more in that two hours than in any of my history classes about Gettysburg and I enjoy history so it wasn't for lack of paying attention in class.

Gettysburg trivia - (no cheating now aka no googling). Who were the memebers of the California Regiment? Answers may be provided in the comment section.

Getting off the bus at 2:00 p.m. Earthquake. What? Shock absorbers on that bus must have been really good! I'm a little disappointed that we missed it. I think I would have been freaked out for sure but still....Downtown Gettysburg to walk around and have an early dinner. Pickett's Buffet for dinner. Cole: ""Buffets are cool because you get to mix things together that you don't normally eat at the same time. Auto Tour on our own following dinner.

Back to our hotel room. Fire alarms at 11:30, false alarm.

Wednesday - HersheyPark
Saw phillyfit friend Sue Gill half hour after entering park. What are the chances. Favorite coaster, Storm Chaser (the boys not me), Arrived at 10:30 am left at 9:30 pm. Much much fun in between. Conversation of the day (overheard while we sat on a bench eating ice cream):
SON: Let's go on THAT ride.
MOM: Ain't gonna happen dud.
SON: Then I'm not pushing the stroller.

Link to pictures.

1 comment:

ktjl92 said...

Sounds like you had a fun week. I have absolutely no idea on the trivia question and that's AFTER watching the PBS/History channel Gettysburg special (can't remember where I saw it - lol)