Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Riding in the storm

This morning we woke up to rumbles of thunder. Dave asked, "Was that thunder?" I said, "I think so, but it hasn't had it's coffee yet." Well I will think twice before calling any thunder storm a wuss again.
As I left for work at 7:15 am it was just dripping rain and sort of rumbling still maybe a little louder. As I approached Ridley Creek State Park the sky became very very dark. It felt like 11:00 p.m. dark. As I came out from the park onto route 252 the rains became so heavy I couldn't see very well. The wipers were useless. When I crossed over route 3 the lightening began. Suddenly the canopy of trees that I drive under were not so inviting anymore as I saw three air to ground strikes not far from me.
I've been through worse storms but not in the car. Fortunately it was heading east as I was heading west and by the time I arrived at work it was just dripping again. What a strange day.

No comments: