Saturday, August 18, 2007

Frustration at Citizens Bank Park

....and for once it wasn't the Phillies fault! They are in Pittsburgh this weekend. There was a blood drive at the park today and Dave and I decided to go! We signed up for a 12:15 appointment. We left our house at 11:15 because we knew the traffic on the blue route would be bad on a summer Saturday when they are also doing road work. We pulled into the parking lot at CBP at 12:15.

There were over a thousand people there. I'm anxious to see tomorrow a report of how much blood they collected. At noon it was 1100 pints. Anyway, due to the large number of people it took an hour and a half to get through to the screening centers. While we waited we took a tour of the park. Unfortunately I forgot the camera. I could have gotten a neat shot of the scoreboard from sitting in the dugout!

At the screening center I was rejected. :( They said my iron level was too low by 1 point. I told Dave that next time I'm going to eat spinach and raisins for breakfast. Dave was cleared to give though so we continued on and another hour and a half later they called his name to actually get on the bed. All told we were getting back in the car about 4 hours after we got out.........and the battery was dead! We did find someone to give us a jump and were on our way.

So we now have two Cole Hamels bobble head dolls and got too see the club level of the stadium. Something we will probably never see during a game!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eew - spinach and raisins? Iron pills are easier - trust me!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun day. I don't blame you for not brining the camera, who wants to take pictures of a blood drive!! LOL but I guess itsa a lesson learn4ed, take camera on all outings!!!

Erin is excited bout the bobblehead to go with her signed ball, thanks for sharing :)

Love the blog I've added it to my favs and will be checking back so watch what you say about little sisters!!

xoxoxox