Friday, May 13, 2011

Computer virus

So my laptop was bit by a bug. I had to leave it at the office for the day Thursday for de-lousing. So I went about 36 hours without a computer; without access to my email and social networking programs. Ok, not quite 36 hours becuase on Thursday evening I borrowed Emma's for a few minutes to check email.

This got me thinking. Did I really NEED to check email? I can make arguments for yes but would it have mattered if I didn't get to them until Friday? Add to that the weird feeling I had all Thursday night when I couldn't just pop on the computer when I felt like it. Am I addicted?

I enjoy surfing the net and social networking like some people like watching TV in the evenings. But is it more than that? Is it something I do by default becaue I'm too lazy to find other things to do? I think I'll have to think about this some more. I'll let you know.

No comments: