Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Whale in a Christmas Tree

Our Christmas Tree has a whale in it. It's blue. A blue whale. Emma made it in third grade, I think. Every year it comes out with all the other decorations and goes on the tree. Along with a rope garland that someone made as well. Our tree has none of the 'normal' round colored ornaments. At least not anymore.

Today I put up the Tree and Decorations. Every year, for about 30 seconds, I debate whether to bother. We don't have a lot of visitors and the kids are not here for any length of time. Then, I do it anyway and I'm always glad I did. Putting out the decorations is a trip down memory lane. Each ornament now has a history. Most have been purchased or made to memorialize something like a trip somewhere, a milestone, a favorite something for that year.

Then there's the Christmas Village to set up as well. Ours is the only village that has farm animals in it! I didn't put those out though. Jimmy or Emma will have to do that.

So it took almost three hours to put everything up and it was worth every minute.


1 comment:

Kt said...

No pictures? What about those of us who need inspiration to get our own stuff up??